Temple of Xiala
Temple of Xiala is my second released indiegame. All code, art and leveldesign was done by me. After creating a strong MVP, the game was successfully kickstarted and released on Steam.
- Successfully ran a Kickstarter campaign
- Strong & readable art-style (and first time Pixel Art)
- Steam API integration (achievements, cloudsave)
- Used Pyxel and Corona/Lua for the first time
- Custom Pipeline to use Pyxel as my level editor
- Teach players new gameplay without using text
To speed up creating levels I created a pipeline between the art program (Pyxel) and the game engine. This enabled me to export levels straight from Pyxel without having to use a third party tile editor, or write my own level-creator. This is done by using the existing tile functionality from Pyxel. Then the layer information is exported to a json, which can, with the help of some custom code, be read directly by the game code to generate levels.